No absolute top favorite
Never ever in the history of CHIO Aachen has Sunday´s Grand Prix freestyle been so open.
Who was gonna take home this very special and prestigious title in 2018?
Weekness from Werth and Emilio in the Grand Prix and weekness from Graves and Verdades in Grand Prix Special. Solid quality performances from Dufour and Perry-Glass in both tests.
But Werth was back on track at took her 12th Deutsche Bank title - this woman is just impressive.
Some H2R notes about today's Grand Prix freestyle
- It did not look like a 100% Emilio as the extended walk became short / long hind, and the final transition at M was stocked.
- Verdades started out very hot but settled well during the test. Highlight from H2R point of view was trot half passes and pirouettes, many thing between is not really shown with relaxation and use of the top line.
- More well deserved ribbons for Danish Daniel Bachmann Andersen and Blue Hors Zack. As Daniel stated after CHIO Aachen 2018 "this was my biggest and most exciting experience ever".
- Dufour was just placed as 4th due to some disagreement from the judging panel. Three judges had her correct placed as no 2.
- Deep Impact with Severo Jurado Lopez did an outstanding freestyle which unfortunately just one of the judges rewarded today. It was a clear 83-84 level test.
- Emmelie Scholtens and Apache fully focused all the way. Lovely contact and super obedient.
See the entire results here.